- Specialized Security Solutions
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Full Time - Proposed
Global Resource Solutions, Inc. (GRS) is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and talented individual for the position of Personnel Security Specialist I.
Summary: This project provides personnel security, security administration and adjudication support to the client Security and Emergency Preparedness Unit (SEPS). Tasks include personnel identity verifications, background investigations, suitability validations and adjudication recommendations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform electronic background (BI) checks, using client databases (e.g., Lexis/Nexis, TransUnion, Equifax, Dun & Bradstreet Business Information Reports, CHRIS, BIRT, and Choice point), on companies and individuals to determine whether they meet client's Standard of Suitability or Standard of Fitness and Integrity.
• Apply criteria for designating the sensitivity and risk level for agency programs and competitive service positions.
• Enter BI data into various databases, research, review, track, gather, analyze and compile data into reports.
• Prepare, gather and review OPM BI forms for Client's employees and contractors; prepare letters and requests to federal agencies for investigative information to include federal/districts courts for criminal data.
• Prepare letters and forms for national security clearance programs and ensure clearances are loaded into the OPM Personnel Investigations Processing System (PIPS).
• Conduct research which may include contacting other government agencies and private companies via telephone.
• Review Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) criminal records and make recommendations for the appropriate security clearances.
• Works as part of a team; assist SEPS with any security matters identified in this SOW as needed.
Requirement: One (1) to Five (5) years of experience in research, retrieving, reviewing, analyzing, and comparing background investigation material. Experience in data entry on word processing databases, proofreading and administrative filing.
• Experience with all Microsoft Office applications, Email, Voicemail, the Internet, answering telephones, using copy and fax machines, and customer service.
• Knowledge and understanding of security regulations and policies effecting employment of individuals in federal government (e.g., EO 10450; and OMB Circular A-130, Appendix III).
• Ability to manage large volumes of data entry tasks and BI material.
• Interpret and follow specific written and verbal instructions; communicate effectively verbally and in writing with professionals at all levels.
Security Requirements: Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance or a Security clearance.
Skills: Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
Physical Requirements: This position requires employees to be willing and able to bend, reach, stoop, squat, stand, and walk.
Communication: Excellent English written and verbal communication.
GRS is a management consulting company to government and business that offers great career opportunities and a comprehensive slate of employee benefits to our employee including medical, dental, short/long term disability, life insurance and a retirement plan. To learn more about GRS visit www.grsco.com. GRS is an equal opportunity employer and we are proud of our diverse environment; EOE, M/F/D/V.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!