- Specialized Security Solutions
- Las Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time - Open
Title: Admin Clerk I of Front Desk Receptionist FLSA: Exempt
Location: Las Angeles Contract: DHS-TSA-LAX
Reports to: Program Manager Program Manager: Diann Latham
Completed and Approved by: Eric Knudson Date: Feb. 22nd 2013
Global Resource Solutions, Inc. (GRS) is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and talented individual for the position of Admin Clerk I of Front Desk Receptionist.
Summary: The Admin Clerk I of Front Desk Receptionist provide Admin support and responsible to keep record of an estimated 250 incoming and outgoing civilian, TSA, DHS, and other government visitors and passengers weekly to the FSD offices by retaining a sign-in log. She/he shall provide front desk services from 0800 until 1700 each weekday. The General Clerk I of Front Desk Receptionist shall be the initial point of contact for TSA employees in the logistics department and assist them in the nature of their visit. She/he shall answer and route an estimated 800 phone calls per week to the appropriate department within the logistics office. She/he shall record all complaints from passengers pertaining to the operations of the TSA security checkpoints/baggage points received by the FSD or designee at LAX. This includes those referred by the TSA contact center. The government estimates 30 complaints are received per week.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Greets visitors and responds to phone and written inquiries, which often requires an explanation in general terms of functions of the Agency to distinguish among and between function related to the subject of the inquiry and maintains visitor log.
• Providing general information to the public, and TSA employees.
• Receiving and distributing incoming mail
• Maintaining numerical files
• Maintaining alpha files
• Using word processing software to produce documents
• Maintaining current telephone and address listings
• Ensuring written documents are formatted correctly with accurate spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and grammar.
• Uses word processing software and printing equipment to create, copy, edit, store, retrieve, and print a variety of standardized documents using a glossary of prerecorded formats, form letters, standard paragraphs, and mailing lists.
• May use database or spreadsheet software to enter, revise, sort, or calculate, and retrieve data for standard reports
• Assists in the preparation and maintenance of Lost and Found records
• Assists in processing releases of Lost and Found items
• Updates electronic file and check tracking systems
• Serves as receptionist and accepts inquiries for information in person or by telephone
• Screens and refers call to the appropriate personnel
• Must have a High School diploma or GED
• Must have at least one (1) to two (2) years of experience in General Admin support descripted above.
• Experience in receiving incoming telephone calls and requests, and refers them to the appropriate department or individual for resolution using good host techniques in all contacts.
• Experience in initiating and responding to numerous calls within the Administration, ascertaining the caller's identity before any exchange of information.
• Must have the ability with willingness to go through and to obtain DHS/TSA public Trust.
• Active/current Secret clearance and/or Top Secret clearance is strongly preferred.
• Intermediate internet skills and typing skills
• Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
• Ability to organize, manipulate, and filter electronic data files
Physical Requirements: This position requires employees to be willing and able to: sit, bend, reach, stoop, squat, stand, and walk.
Communication: Excellent customer service via phone and face to face conversation, excellent written and oral command of English.
GRS is a management consulting company to government and business that offers great career opportunities and a comprehensive slate of employee benefits to our employee including medical, dental, short/long term disability, life insurance and a retirement plan. To learn more about GRS visit www.grsco.com. GRS is an equal opportunity employer and we are proud of our diverse environment; EOE, M/F/D/V.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!