- Specialized Security Solutions
- Washington , DC, USA
- Full Time - Proposed
Global Resource Solutions, Inc. (GRS) is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and talented individual for the position of Personnel Security Assistants II.
Summary: To provide administrative support for Personnel Security Services to CBP Personnel Security Division (PSD) The Personnel Security Assistants will provide personnel security intake, data entry, file room, scanning and other personnel security duties to meet timely scheduling and adjudication of background investigations to ensure all applicants and employees are suitable for employment and/or a security clearance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review investigative forms/case packages related to the background investigation process for accuracy and completeness (e.g., SF86/85P and required attachments)
• Conduct appropriate electronic vetting checks including preliminary vetting checks
• Initiate National Agency Checks (NAC's) when required
• Create and update records in the Integrated Support Management System (ISMS)
• Prepare cases for scheduling to an Investigative Service Provider (ISP)
• Provide e-QIP help desk support.
• Respond to e-QIP help desk inquiries
• Scanning/uploading actions for e-QIP
• Prepare various lists of data in a spreadsheet format
• Update Personnel Investigations Processing System (PIPS) with Security/Suitability Investigation Index (SII) data on each scheduled case
• Prepare files for transmittal to National Records Center
• Process visit requests for security clearances (Includes verifying data from internal and external sources)
• Verify and pass security clearances of cleared CBP personnel to outside entities utilizing information contained on CBP Form 6101
• Upload forms for permanent retention
• Track incoming security requests on CBP form 6100
• Monitor the Clearance general mailbox and respond as appropriate
• Respond to telephone inquiries
• Manage cases assigned
• Provide personnel security administrative support in an office environment
• Review investigative case packages for completeness and prepare outgoing case files to be processed for investigation
• Be fluent in Microsoft Access
• Query and create new case records using automated database systems for processing background investigations; including DHS ISMS system
• Experience using security background software or background check software, reviewing forms and documents used to conduct background investigations; including OPM e-QIP system
• Ability to provide good, effective customer service; basic knowledge of data input and skill in entering and retrieving automated information; ability to communicate both orally and in writing
• Performa Help Desk functions in receiving calls and e-mails from other personnel security professionals; including timely creation and routing of communications via Remedy ticketing system
• Must be a U.S. citizens
• Must have a High School diploma or equivalent and have at least three (3) years of general experience and one (1) year of specialized experience.
• Must have a favorably adjudicated single scope background investigation (SSBI)
• Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
Physical Requirements: None
Communication: Excellent written and oral command of the English Language
GRS is a management consulting company to government and business that offers great career opportunities and a comprehensive slate of employee benefits to our employee including medical, dental, short/long term disability, life insurance and a retirement plan. To learn more about GRS visit www.grsco.com.
Global Resource Solutions, Inc. (GRS) is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!