- Fairfax, VA, USA
- Full Time - Proposed
Mentor Protege Program (MPP) Program Manager
• Five (5) years of experience and Bachelor's degree in Business Administration. MBA in Management and Leadership a Plus.
• Basic knowledge of government and commercial client subcontract reporting requirements and Federal Acquisition Regulation particularly as relates to small business.
• Experience working with contract regulations and other appropriate laws which for some assigned areas may include Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Appendix I and Agency Supplements.
• Good negotiation skills and training
• Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Personal computer and business solutions software skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks effectively, and remain highly organized at all times
• Interpersonal skills to communicate with customers, suppliers, and support personnel
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment, works under immediate supervision and perform work using detailed instructions
• Superior judgment, ability to handle confidential information / materials and keep information private
• Strong interest in social media and brand marketing solutions
• Exceptional computer skills in PC, including Word, Outlook, Excel, Internet and e-mail
• Polished and presentable, highly professional demeanor
• Detail-oriented, extremely efficient with ability to manage time appropriately
MPP PM Job Description:
• Responsible for the execution of the training via subcontractors on behalf of protégé companies.
• Monitors progress against the goals of the MPP for reimbursable and credit technology transfer MPP agreements.
• Establishes excellent, collaborative working relationships with the internal staff, protégé companies, industry partners and government contacts.
• Coordinates with finance to ensure that all corporate needs are met via invoices submitted to government in a timely fashion.
• Prepares, completes and monitors purchase orders and remittances to vendors utilized by MPP program (i.e. HBCU, third party contractors, etc)
• Prepares Program Management Reviews (PMRs), Semi-Annual Reports (SARs) and account reconciliations or funding levels of each agreement.
• Analyzes financial results from PMRs and SARS, researches and investigates variances, if any appear. (Before/After reconciling with government POC)
• Excellent knowledge of FAR/DFAR and Appendix I regulations.
• Participation in month-end and year-end closing activities and prepares financial statements, along with supporting schedules (GANTT Charts).
• Promotes Company values by maintaining the confidentiality of financial information of company and the program's Protégé companies.
• Initiates all MPP executive summary write ups and initiates new MPP agreements through client relationship building with DoD Small business directors.
MPP PM Duties:
The Program Manager manages the overall schedule, sets the goals and objectives for the protégé and resources, builds teams and maintains communication among the various roles and parts of the program, prepares selected deliverables, ensures that knowledge transfer and business goals are met, and runs the day-to-day operations of the MPP as well as handling special initiatives such as pooled training and new program initiatives in support of the protégés. The Program Manager-Protégé relationship is ongoing and includes monthly-extended visits at the protégé's place of business.
PM is responsible for establishing and sustaining business and supportive relationships between GRS and the customer, DIA, managing and coordinating resources, satisfying contract terms, and securing customer satisfaction. The PM works directly with their protégés in the areas of technology transfer and infrastructure development. They facilitate and are the point person for all levels of support for their assigned protégé, assuring that knowledge transfer goals are met and gaining in-depth knowledge of the capabilities of the company as well as the areas of potential advancement. The PM is an advocate for integrating the protégé into GRS processes and also for developing teaming opportunities with GRS as well as other prime contractors.
In addition, on occasion the PM provides additional mentoring through the Senior Executive Partnership (CEO meetings) and Aftercare Programs (done for 2 years after end of agreement) and the Business Planning Framework (meeting with business development executives and maintaining GRS BD pipeline). PM may also utilize other internal resources on an "as-needed" basis to defray costs to the program. These resources may be graphic design specialists, software engineers, business or information analysts, sales executives, contract administrators or negotiators, and/or use of the SCIF facility for classified training and meetings.
Business Development Duties:
PM also helps train protégé staff in how to conduct thorough Government market research, including monitoring resources such as Fedbizops, Govwin, other task order databases, government news and websites to identify opportunities to propose Protégé as a subcontractor as well as other potential marketing opportunities for the protégé. The PM also conducts follow up market research and forwards information on opportunities to the appropriate BD lead and brings it to the periodic collaborative business development meetings. This is a critical function to help the protégé expand its business.
The PM's work also includes monitoring monthly expenses, reviewing invoices, corporate reporting, and coordination of internal company support to protégés (such as purchasing, contracts, finance, marketing, and training). PM also prepares quarterly reports, monthly status reports, and other technical/program documents that are either required by the contract or determined to be helpful for managing agreements.
The PM's will need to develop and maintain company's online social media presence, integrate creative brand marketing ideas to each core competency area, update accounts daily, including Facebook, Twitter, and if approved (Pinterest, Instagram, and Tumblr, if strategically needed for marketing purposes), find new and innovative approaches to marketing; prepare presentations for CEO's review, if possible, assist with website development as well with the assistance of a graphic designer and web content specialist, and Handle special requests and additional related tasks as necessary, marketing wise for the protégé firms
Liaison between BD VPs and Protégés:
The PM regularly interfaces with company client sales executives, client executives and client delivery executives, identifying and qualifying both new and current business opportunities on which the protégés could partner with GRS or other potential arrangements. The PM knows the market and the technology, and is responsible for expanding the protégés' breadth of expertise and experience in order to increase competition in the technology market via the technology transfer training. The PM's ultimate goal is to transfer knowledge to the protégé, establish mutually beneficial teaming arrangements by opening up new opportunities for the protégé and for GRS by utilizing the strengths of both organizations.
Job Requirements Software: Microsoft Office Professional, Microsoft Visio 2007, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Publisher, Open Office 3.0, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Deltek, Gen4Systems, eSRS, FPDS-NG, CCR, FedBizOpps, VetBiz, GPO Access, SAM, Facebook, Twitter, Govwin
Certifications: DOD Information Assurance Awareness Training Version 8, WHS Privacy Act Training, Positioning to Win: Selling to the Government (Shipley Training), Writing Federal Proposals (Shipley Training).
Knowledge Skills: Pentagon Library Research, Geospatial Tools Usage, FAR and DFAR research on DoD Acquisition, ITAR Regulations, contracting policies and processes, Small Business Act research, Developed business acumen to facilitate productive business partnering with the operational leadership, Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, for resolving issues and giving guidance both locally and remotely, Demonstrated history of driving meaningful process improvements,
• Active Department of Defense Top Secret Clearance
GRS is a management consulting company to government and business that offers great career opportunities and a comprehensive slate of employee benefits to our employee including medical, dental, short/long term disability, life insurance and a retirement plan. To learn more about GRS visit www.grsco.com. GRS is an equal opportunity employer and we are proud of our diverse environment; EOE, M/F/D/V.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!